Whitetail Deer Articles/Newsletter
Dr. Deer's Whitetail World 15th Annual Field Day Slated for March 7, 2020
We are excited to announce the
There also will be a field presentation by Dr. Deer himself on patterning deer on your land, rattling and calling deer, blind and stand placement and using popup and brush blinds successfully. Doc will share his secrets to harvesting mature bucks consistently.
1. Thinning forests and brushlands and mulching to increase native forage, demonstration.
2. Regenerating oaks and other mast producers to maximize acorn production.
3. Prescribed burning.Demonstration.
4. Herbicides to improve habitat, demonstrations.
5. The Deer Landscape: Setting up sustainable sanctuaries, bedding areas and travel corridors; a whole lot more than "hinge-cutting" trees!
6. Design and management of Deer Orchards; providing a suite of mast and fruit producers to maximize energy foods. Demonstrations.
7. Conducting trail camera surveys, analyzing camera data, and other uses of trail cameras.
8. An inexpensive venison processing facility to produce better, gourmet quality venision products for your family.
9. How to design your deer landscape using aerial imagery.
10. Developing edge habitats.
11. New fencing stratetgies for creating "rotation grazing" for your food plots, demonstration in which participants will get hands on experience.
12. New food plot varieties for the warm season, and latest cool season crop developments.
13. Artificial water strategies that really work. Demonstration.
14. Latest information on feeds and feeding.
15. Genetics and culling demonstration.
In addition to all these, we also will provide time for your personal discussions with our staff concerning your management program. If you are concerned about CWD, we will be glad to provide you with the latest factual information, not sensationalized incorrect information! Attendance is strictly limited so, please register as soon as possible. As with last year we will have two vehicles to provide assistance to those who cannot walk thecourse ("Uncle Butch" will once again provide his services!) Once again, there will be a delicious barbecue lunch served.