The following events are taking place soon. Click on the register link to receive more information and purchase tickets.
We are excited to announce the 13th Annual Dr. Deer Field Day, to be held at the Research Facility near Trawick, TX on March 3, 2018. This year's event promises to be even better than years past, including major changes to our habitat to increase native forage production. So, if you have not been before or have come every year, there will be a host of new material and things to see that will apply directly to your land and management program. Topics include:
1. Thinning forests and brushlands to increase native forage, demonstration.
2. Regenerating oaks and other mast producers to maximize acorn production.
3. Prescribed burning.
4. Herbicides to improve habitat, demonstrations.
5. Setting up sustainable sanctuaries, bedding areas and travel corridors; a whole lot more than "hinge-cutting" trees!
6. Design and management of Deer Orchards; providing a suite of mast and fruit producers to maximize energy foods.
7. Conducting trail camera surveys, and other uses of trail cameras.
8. An inexpensive venison processing facility to produce better, gourmet quality venision products for your family.
9. How to design your deer landscape using aerial imagery.
10. New fencing stratetgies for creating "rotation grazing" for your food plots, demonstration.
11. New food plot varieties for the warm season, and latest cool season crop developments.
12. Artificial water strategies that really work.
13. Latest information on feeds and feeding.
In addition to all these, we also will provide time for your personal discussions with our staff concerning your management program. If you are concerned about CWD, we will be glad to provide you with the latest factual information, not sensationalized incorrect information! Attendance is strictly limited so, please register as soon as possible. This year we will have two vehicles added to provide assistance to those who cannot walk the course ("Uncle Butch" will once again provide his services!)Register for this Event